This is a fantastic opportunity for UK trained teachers to start their international career with a global leading company and world class International School located in this beautiful Emirate.
Due to the continued success of the school, and additional student enrollment numbers we are looking for passionate, dynamic teachers to join our existing team. We are looking for enthusiastic teachers who will make a difference every day to our children’s development. We want colleagues who are ambitious to join a company in GEMS that has a world class reputation for outstanding education and a school that is ready to grow to meet our community’s needs. We expect to serve around 2,000 families by September 2019.
Fujairah is not Dubai! But it is a wonderful place to live. Although only an hour’s drive from that busy metropolis, Fujairah sits at the foot of the Hajar Mountains facing the Indian Ocean with some of the most beautiful coastline and spectacular scenery in the UAE. Its large port, one of the deepest in the world, is connected via an underground pipeline to Abu Dhabi and serves thousands of ships. Its Free Zone attracts many international businesses and trade is growing rapidly. People have been living in this region since Neolithic times, but is ready now to emerge into its new age of economic growth and prosperity. In ten years’ time, it will rival other famous UAE centres as an exciting modern city with a vibrant economy and culture. Today it is a very much cheaper and more laid-back place to live and work.
In return for your energy, resilience and experience, we offer you the opportunity to make a real impact on a developing community. You will work with the UAE’s largest and most successful education company in GEMS, which will support your professional and career development, and you will work with a supportive Senior Leadership Team in Winchester School Fujairah who will help you develop your potential.
The role and responsibilities:
Leadership and management
- Support and implement the vision and ethos of the school
- Contribute to, implement and evaluate the success of School Development Plan relevant to your area.
- Ensure that the work of the team/whole school (as relevant) is inclusive and issues are addressed in curriculum and/or pastoral management
- Ensure policies are translated into practice by the team and that you bring to the attention of SLT any which may need revisions or amendments
- Together with SLT, lead on the school self evaluation process for your area including lesson observations, monitoring of school standards and bringing about improvement
- As appropriate contribute to the writing of self-evaluation and policy documents
- Manage effectively the transition of pupils to and from your phase and within it
- Promote cross curricular approaches to teaching and learning
- Be a proactive and effective member of the senior/middle leadership team
- Be an effective role model for your team in terms of teaching, behaviour and classroom management
Teaching and learning responsibility
- Lead a core school priority & school improvement across the whole school
- Have overall responsibility and accountability for your area ensuring curriculum continuity, consistency, balance, match and progression
- Lead regular meetings relevant to your area with appropriate colleagues
- Develop, demonstrate and/or promote teaching and learning activities appropriate to full age and ability range.
Monitoring and assessment
- Together with the senior leadership team (SLT) of the school, contribute to, monitor and review the impact of teaching and pupil progress through the analysis of data, ensuring the use of information for planning and target setting across your TLR area
- Monitor standards including recorded work as relevant to your TLR area across the school including reviewing long and medium term planning
- Be responsible for the organisation, planning and evaluation of the school programmes as relevant to your area of responsibility
- Evaluate, organise and monitor the use of resources
- Act as a reviewer with the arrangements for the appraisal of all identified staff
- Take a lead role in identifying group and/or individual training needs and provide support for colleagues within your area of responsibility promoting a whole school approach
- Act as a role model, mentor or consultant to colleagues as appropriate and encourage collaboration, co-operation and teamwork
- Ensure your keep up to date with current developments in your area and disseminate information as appropriate
The successful applicant will have the following:
A certified teaching qualification, such as B.Ed, PGCE, PGDE or equivalent.
The desire to provide Outstanding teaching and learning
Aspiration to work in a world class school with real prospects for enhancing their career
At least 2 years of post qualifying experience
Interviews will be held in the UK on Saturday 23rd and Sunday 24th March 2019