You should be able to embrace and encourage the ethos and standards of excellence as defined in the GEMS Core Values. Your responsibilities include :
- Installing, configuring and maintaining servers, PC’s peripherals, IT tools/equipment, packaged software, antivirus, utilities, software tools and software patches.
- Ensure all new equipment is functional before it is distributed.
- Troubleshoot problems arising from hardware, software, application systems, network infrastructure virus and security related attacks.
- Set up equipment in offices, classrooms, and labs. Along with setting up accounts and profiles for all users
- Respond to emergency call to classrooms for equipment, software and network problems and provide technical support for software projects at school.
- Coordinate and interact with GEMS-IT for all school matters related to IT policy, systems integration and networking (group wide), IT- infrastructure, purchases, upgrades, warranty, condemnation and replacements, new technology and requirements, technology plan and budget.
- Initiate effort and energy beyond the typical work day, where the tasks require additional commitment.