To assist VP - Financial Reporting & Tax in all tax (direct & indirect) compliance across the Group, and also manage the taxation (direct & indirect) aspects of all commercial, corporate and other business transactions and arrangements to ensure compliance of taxation reporting requirements for GEMS Group. Also assist VP - Financial Reporting & Tax in tax, audit, accounting and compliance related requirements in IPO readiness and annual audit as per IFRS in coordination with tax consultants, auditors and other professional consultants.
Taxation (Direct & indirect)
- Actively managing and mitigating any potential tax risks
- Assist VP – FR in drafting tax strategy, policies and training material for the Group.
- Assist VP – FR in cross-border tax matters, tax compliance services, compliance monitoring and reporting solutions, international tax due diligence and tax structuring matters
- Prepare and work on VAT readiness and implementation assessment
- Work on statutory filings – VAT returns, registration, assessments etc.
Projects – ERP
- Provide ERP implementation requirements related to VAT and financial reporting
- Regular monitoring of system generated reports on taxation (direct and indirect)
Project - IPO
- Assist VP - FR in all tax, audit, review, accounting and reporting matters in all phases of IPO readiness
- Support VP-FR and IPO consultant on financial reporting and audit related matters for IPO readiness
Audit & reporting
- Determine the taxation impact on the Group’s financial statements and financial reporting processes and ensure the tax accounting impact is built into the business planning processes of the Group in accordance with tax laws and accounting standards (IFRS/IAS)
- Assist VP - FR in preparing taxation related presentation for audit and risk committee on periodic basis
- Assistance to VP-FR on ad hoc basis for specific initiative requiring IFRS & IPO related research
- Prepare taxation related memo to provide guidance to all subsidiaries on regular taxation matters.
- Essential - Qualified Chartered Accountant
- Essential – Qualification in International Tax
- Essential - Big 4 audit firm experience at senior level
- Detailed knowledge of tax laws and working knowledge of IFRS
- At least 5 years of experience of tax compliance and reporting of which at least 2 years in a leadership role
- Extensive experience in international tax structuring including group reorganizations, intra-group financing arrangements, BEPS impact assessments, PE risk assessments, and corporate acquisitions and disposals