- About GEMS
Trusted for over 55 years and now a third generation education family, GEMS Education began in a single school room in Dubai. Today, we have the privilege of educating over 190,000 students from over 176 countries through GEMS owned and managed schools globally; over 270,000 students access resources through our services division; and we will impact 20 million by 2020 students through the initiatives of our Charity partner Varkey Foundation.
- About the School
- GEMS Al Barsha National School (Boys and Girls), Dubai, is new school which opened in September 2016. It offers an inspirational curriculum based on the National Curriculum for England with Arabic language and UAE culture, heritage and tradition at the heart of everything. As an all-through educational provision, the school currently caters for children from FS1 to Year 9 with plans to grow to Year 13 in successive years.
The school enjoys a prime location making it easily accessible to everything that Dubai has to offer as well as other Emirates. As well as being a fabulous place to work, Dubai is a vibrant, cosmopolitan, rapidly expanding city where the sun shines all year round. Here in Dubai you will enjoy an excellent lifestyle as well as extensive travel and leisure opportunities around the region and further a field
About the Role
The successful applicant will have:
• A certified teaching qualification with exceptional subject knowledge.
• A proven track record of outstanding learning and teaching.
• Experience of the National Curriculum for England
• B.Ed. or degree and PGCE / PGDE or equivalent
• The willingness to commit to Extra Curricular activities
What we offer:
• Students that are enthusiastic and keen to learn in a positive environment
• Opportunity to work within a team of highly supportive and creative colleagues
• Excellent professional development and guidance
• A school committed to doing the best for each and every one of its students
About Your Benefits
Our compensation and benefits package includes:
The remuneration package includes competitive tax-free salary, furnished accommodation, annual flight, health insurance and life insurance, visa costs, education places for dependents, relocation allowance, access to GEMS Education extensive CPD programme, and end of service gratuity.
About Application Process
If you meet the criteria and you are enthusiastic about the role, we would welcome your application.
2. Passport-size photograph
Important Note : GEMS Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all of its students. Applicants will be required to submit a current police criminal clearance check or equivalent from their home country or current country of residence prior to appointment.