We are looking to appoint a Phase Leader - Early Years Foundation Stage. This appointment is for September 2018.
Provide leadership and management for the Phase to ensure high quality teaching and learning, effective deployment of resources and improved standards of achievement and progress for students. Leadership responsibility for the effective running of the Phase, including management of teaching staff, resources and professional development.
• Embrace and encourage the ethos and standards of excellence as defined in GEMS Core Values.
• Organise and manage the Phase in line with the aims and objectives of the school.
• Responsible for ensuring high standards of teaching and learning across the Phase including overseeing the professional development of staff and keeping abreast of recent developments in line with the English National Curriculum and MOE expectations.
• Evaluate the effectiveness of teaching and learning and provide support and guidance to staff where appropriate. Set priorities and targets for individual team members and the Phase.
• Contribute to the school improvement plan, school priorities, the school self-evaluation and the Phase Action Plan.
• Work to a high standard in implementing agreed policies, priorities and expectations, be a positive role model to your colleagues.
• To arrange and promote activities within the phase group and demonstrate good practice for the teaching of core subjects across the school.
• Liaise effectively with parents and the Local Advisory Board (LAB) as necessary.
• Ensure that the day-to-day management of the phase is smooth and unobtrusive so that all (teachers / support staff / students and parents) are clear about the daily routines, roles and responsibilities to ensure effective operation.
• Lead and support effective parental engagement
• Monitor the quality of education across the phase by collecting, analysing and evaluating data (standards / teaching / assessment /attendance) and ensure that the evaluation of this data leads to effective and strategic actions for further sustained improvement.
• Ensure that there is effective provision for those students with particular learning needs, providing success and achievement for all.
• Take an active role in the promotion and evaluation of professional development for the phase including contributing to the school’s performance management system
• Work effectively and systematically with other phase leaders to ensure a clear understanding of provision in other parts of the school and ensure effective transition from Foundation stage to Key Stage 1.
• Lead by example with a teaching load of up to 10 periods per week
To be considered for this appointment: You will have
• Minimum of 2 years administrative responsibilities undertaken within a school.
• Preference will be given if you have a Post Graduate Degree in a teaching subject / faculty in addition to a Graduate Degree in Education from a recognised university.
• Excellent communication skills and a proven track record in education leadership, along with comprehensive knowledge of EYFS curriculum.