The Head of CRM reporting to the CIO is responsible to lead in establishing procedures, standards, systems and solutions at GEMS Education. The role includes providing strategic & technical leadership within the field of CRM.
- Ability of the CRM system to deliver real time customer and business process insights related to School operations and customer service.
- Ensure utilization of the CRM system across all Schools (covering MENASA regions) and relevant corporate entities.
- Improve Service Delivery measured by Standardized Service Catalogue, Defined SLAs & SLA Compliance
- Full utilization of available modules/dashboards in the system.
- Optimization of business processes and automated controls in terms of costs versus benefits.
- Security of data (including regular system backups) as well as plans to ensure business continuity
- Evaluation of user experience to identify opportunities for improvements as well as challenges faced by users.
- 10 + years consulting and/or CRM implementation experience.
- At least 6-8 years of experience in Salesforce CRM Manager role
- Strong knowledge of Salesforce including Pardot, workflows, triggers, reporting, general design concepts and overall approach of Salesforce as a CRM platform.
- Certification in SFDC administration and/or development preferred.
- Deep technical understanding of cloud-based CRM solutions
- Dynamic and effective communicator (verbal, written, presentation) with demonstrated ability to gain support across a broad spectrum of business stakeholders
- Highly developed business acumen with the ability to recognize opportunities and capitalize on them Customer-in focus (vs internal focus) with a genuine passion for improving the end-to-end customer experience
- Person in this role must have a strong functional/technical background with SFDC. He/she will be expected to provide intelligent and efficient design concepts for complex projects, as well as mentor less experienced staff in functional delivery.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology Management, Business Administration, Computer Science or related area or equivalent work experience