Trusted for over 55 years and now a third generation education family, GEMS Education began in a single school room in Dubai. Today, we have the privilege of educating over 190,000 students from over 176 countries through GEMS owned and managed schools globally; over 270,000 students access resources through our services division; and we will impact 20 million by 2020 students through the initiatives of our Charity partner Varkey Foundation.
About the Role
We are looking for a passionate Social Worker/School Counselor to join our dynamic team at GEMS Wellington Academy, Silicon Oasis. The successful candidate will be an experienced Counselor who is excited to join our world class school that is driven to support education at an exceptional level.
Qualification required: Bachelor's degree in Psychology (full time course) or equivalent. Preference given to Master's degree in Psychology.
Experience required: Not less than 2 years of experience , preference given to candidate's with experience in similar role at schools in UAE.
About the role : In the capacity of School Counselor, you have the responsibility for designing and implementing a counseling programme that meets the requirements of the school and students and enable students to achieve success in all aspects of their life.
Responsibilities as below but are not limited to :
- Design and implement a counseling program aligned with the International School Counselor Association standards.
- Provide support for students concerning academic, social-emotional and personal concerns.
- Assist students with the career exploration process.
- Meet with parents or consult with external parties, such as child protective services or other social service agencies.
- Interact and consult with school administration, teachers, school staff, parents, students, and external stakeholders.
- Adhere to Child Safe guarding policies and procedures as specified by school and regulatory authorities.
- Resilient and agile decision making skills
- Team Player
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Positive attitude
- Superior Interpersonal skills -patience, tolerance, empathy and enthusiasm to interact with staff and students