- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Registered Nurse
- Department of Health Authority Dubai Nursing license
- At least 2 years of experience in Dubai, preferably at a school clinic
- Fluent in English
- Ability to multi-task
REPORTS TO: School Doctor.
INTERFACES WITH: Students, Parents, School Staff, Ministry of Health officials and School Health Services staff.
Job Goal: To support the school and assist in providing optimal learning opportunities by supplying the services needed to identify health related barriers to education and addressing each student's health needs thereby improving their ability to learn.
Models and encourages a culture of kindness in support of the GEMS/CIS core values.
Provides health assessments
Obtains a health history
Screens and evaluates findings of deficit in vision, hearing, scoliosis, etc.
Observes the child for development (growth, height, weight) and health patterns in making nursing assessment
Identifies abnormal health findings
Develops and implements a student health plan
- Interprets the health status of students to parents and school personnel
- Initiates referral to parents, school personnel for intervention, remediation and follow through
- Provides ongoing health counselling with students, parents, school personnel or health agencies
- Utilizes existing health resources to provide appropriate care of students
- Files medical forms such as medical consent form, immunization record and documentation of other health condition
- Develops procedures and provides for emergency nursing management for injuries/ illnesses (giving oral ,IV ,IM medication as per Doctor’s order)
- Promotes and assists in the control of communicable diseases
- Provides health education and anticipatory guidance
- Provides direct health education, and health counselling to assist students and families in making decisions on health and lifestyles that affect health
- Ensures health office operation opens for students and personnel on campus during after school hour scheduled functions
- Maintains supply and medical needs for effective operation
- Maintains confidentiality regarding health issues
- Cooperates with Ministry of Health regulations