We are recruiting an experienced Director of Innovation and Curriculum to join our team
We are looking for outstanding teachers who are excited to join our world class schools and are driven to provide education at an exceptional level. GEMS teachers enjoy an outstanding school environment in which to deliver a dynamic and creative curriculum to motivated students.
- Model and encourage a culture of kindness.
- Provide innovation and curriculum oversight and support for teachers, students in the class, and parents as the main curriculum administration touch point.
- Align curriculum innovation vision to the teaching, learning and data strategy.
- Embed Future Fluencies into all lesson and curriculum planning across K-12.
- Developing a whole school drive towards social innovation projects.
- Assist in the development of new curriculum and courses, ensuring vertical alignment and provisions for accountability.
- Oversee and support DAA’s curriculum review cycle as well as the regular review of all curriculum maps.
- Assist in the administration of DAA’s external assessment program, including the study, analysis, communication of results.
- Assist in the preparation and management of the annual operating budget with specific reference to curriculum, innovation, assessment, and professional development, managing capital and operational expenditures for curriculum initiatives.
Leadership, Learning, and Infrastructure:
- Provide dynamic leadership to the development, implementation, coordination and evaluation of the School’s educational technology program for the express purpose of promoting student learning and enabling students to acquire the knowledge, skills and understandings that ensure successful future-focused learning.
- Collaborate with Principals, team leaders, department heads, and individual teachers on strategies and planning designed to fulfill DAA’s School Improvement Plan and Innovation Strategy.
- Contribute to school-wide leadership and planning as part of the senior leadership team.
- Collaborate with IT technical department and Instructional Design and Innovation Specialists.
- Lead a range of professional learning opportunities with staff and the wider community.
- Identify pedagogical frameworks for the discussion of learning innovation in context.
- Provide leadership, guidance, and support to teachers and division leaders in integrating innovation standards and DAA’s dimensions of innovation into learning.
- Recognize and reinforce others’ contributions, accomplishments, and efforts.
- Document innovative practices both for public and internal discussion.
- Engage the wider community in learning initiatives.
- Collaborate to encourage safe and responsible use of technology, including the coordination of the Common-Sense Media-Digital Citizenship Curriculum and Digital School application.
- Provide mechanisms to boost classroom transparency and de-privatize teaching practice.
- Encourage changes to physical learning spaces that boost opportunities for innovation.
- Evaluate emerging learning technologies for use within DAA.
- Collaborate with the IT department around technical initiatives such as device deployments and virtual learning environments.
- Collaborate with the Head of Teaching, Learning and Innovation, and others in the planning of Educational Meetings for the Senior Leadership Team.
- Plan a dynamic, needs-based, and comprehensive professional learning program aligned to the Innovation and Curriculum needs in each phase.
- To collaborate and administer a school-wide, innovative professional learning program that will meet the needs of teachers and improve strategies for effective classroom instruction.
- To collaborate with the Head of Teaching, Learning and Innovation and administrators to ensure that staff are informed of professional conferences, workshops, and resources, as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain the online hub bringing together information, resources and stories of learning across innovation, technology, curriculum, teaching and learning, and data.