The Senior Manager is responsible to facilitate in meeting GEMS Education’s Infrastructure strategy. Additionally, the incumbent is responsible in supporting implementation and delivery of Infrastructure Technology Initiatives as per Technology Strategy. The role includes developing infrastructure planning and provisioning technology roadmaps and implementation plans; and manages all operational services in line with agreed performance metrics.
- Serves as a focal point to establish technology standards of relevance to GEMS Education’s Infrastructure landscape.
- Contributes to the proper selection of technologies by providing information on advanced and appropriate technology, systems analysis and software acquisition.
- Initiates and develops internal and external partnerships to leverage GEMS’ technology investments.
- Direct involvement in incidents or problems (irrespective of priority) that cause service impact and acts as escalation point for incidents not being resolved in a timely manner.
- Keep abreast of IT developments and emerging technologies in order to evaluate and implement appropriate, innovative and cost effective solutions to achieve competitive excellence.
- Establish technical standards and ensure adherence to them for product development and company operations.
- Conduct long range planning, develop and oversee implementation of multi-year IT infrastructure plans with supporting business cases detailing investment requirements and their impact on GEMS.
- Develops and maintains corporate policies and standards aimed at maximizing effectiveness and minimizing costs related to the implementation and operation of IT systems
- Coordinates procurement related to selection, acquisition, development and installation of IT infrastructure for GEMS.
- Review, negotiate and approve proposals and contracts for purchase of IT infrastructure products and services.
- Responsible for the development, review, and certification of all back-up and disaster recovery procedures and plans.
- Supervises the team in their day-to-day tasks and guide them in managing their performance by providing appropriate feedback and counseling.
- Perform periodic performance reviews for direct subordinates based on GEMS Education’s Performance Management framework.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Degree (BSc/MBA/MSc) in business or technology related subject.
- Minimum 10 plus years’ experience in a similar technology role in a large, multi-national, multi-cultural organization.
- Experience in deploying latest infrastructure technologies and standards.