We are looking for an outstanding HS Principal to join our team.
You will provide visionary leadership and demonstrate exemplary management skills in the recruitment and development of faculty, the implementation of a superior curriculum, the assurance of long-term school financial stability, and the provision of effective communication with all the school’s constituents. You will ensure the social well being and academic growth of all children.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Embrace and encourage the ethos and standards of excellence as defined in the GEMS Core Values.
• Ensure that GEMS policies, procedures, and codes of conduct are followed at all times.
• To model and encourage DAA’s Culture of Kindness and to perpetuate the school’s mission and values.
• To commit time and leadership for the successful implementation of DAA’s School Improvement Plan and to develop division-specific actions for our strategic priorities.
• To ensure that all teachers and support staff have a clear understanding of their performance expectations (e.g., job descriptions and faculty handbook) and to assist faculty towards becoming master teachers.
• To willingly mentor all faculty as well as encouraging their professional growth and career advancement.
• To demonstrate role-model traits that enable others to recognize the principal as an instructional leader.
• To instill a sense of common purpose and common pursuit toward consensus goals with regards to the decision-making process.
• To assume the responsibility for sound financial management including accurate program budget planning and fiscal accountability.
• To willingly take on all responsibility for the “mechanics” of the assignment; activities such as building a master class schedule, accurate record keeping, office accounting, etc.
• To perform other activities as might be required for the general welfare of the school and/or as requested by the Superintendent and Deputy Superintendent.
To be considered for this role, candidates must have:
• Current North American teacher and administration certificates; Master’s Degree in Leadership and/or Administration (preferred)
• Teaching and administration experience, including significant experience with HS-aged children (minimum 10 years preferred)
• Proven record as an instructional leader with a deep understanding of teaching and learning in the HS
• Experience with the successful implementation of an enriched, standards-based American curriculum
• Proven ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing
• Proven ability to collaborate effectively
• Strong work ethic and willingness to contribute to the general welfare of the total school program
• Positive and professional disposition supportive of both DAA and the GEMS organization