Performance of Full Scope Audit & Special Review engagements & Independent Audits.
- Carry out audits as per the Approved IA Plan covering all areas related to the auditee and completion of the assignment within stipulated time-frame. This includes Full scope Audits, Special Reviews & Investigations, Limited Scope Reviews, Health & Safety Reviews etc.
- Examine and report on existing controls, systems & procedures to ensure that the corporate resources and assets are properly utilised and protected and report on all inadequate or inefficient operations.
- To verify and report ineffective internal controls, including accounting procedures and suggest alternate procedures for better efficiency and control.
- To review the existing systems to ascertain whether the desired results are obtained, and whether they are consistent with established objectives and policies
- Monitor whether corrective action is being taken by management on prior recommendations.
- To identify areas of cost control and cost effectiveness, by identifying: Unfavourable variance compared to budget or prior period benchmarks, unproductive expenses, and improper methods used and consequent loss.
- Summarize and discuss key observations and audit issues with related personnel and report to the line Manager/HOD.
- Verify all financial, accounting, operational and administrative aspects relating to GEMS Operations and other related entities.
- Complete audit working papers and prepare audit files which will be used to support audit reports findings.
Degree in Commerce or Business Administration followed by an International Audit qualification such as CIA, ACCA, CPA and CA.
Expected Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- 3-7 years of experience in Audit, preferably Internal Audit including some years in the Big 4Good communication in English, both verbal and written.
- Arabic language is an advantage
- A good team leader.
- Persuasive skills in terms of being able to present and gain acceptance of value added or cost effective audit recommendations.
- Good analytical, investigative, negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Audit Scepticism and people skills.
- Confident and ethical character.