The primary responsibility of the Lifeguard is to provide uninterrupted supervision and accident prevention management in the swimming pool facility at school.
Scope of this job is to ensure the safety of every person using the school pool during and after school hours.
- Embrace and encourage the ethos and standards of excellence as defined in the GEMS Core Values.
- Keep a close watch and an appropriate level of control over the pool and surrounds including users and spectators.
- Communicate effectively with pool users, colleagues and spectators
- Anticipate problems and prevent accidents though daily use of risk assessments and on going assessments;
- Intervene to prevent behavior which is unsafe;
- Identify emergencies quickly and take appropriate action;
- Carry out a rescue from the water when required;
- Give immediate first aid to any casualty (including Resuscitation, Spinal Injury Management)
- Be able to supervise pool user’s adherence to safety rules and safety standards.
- Basic pool cleaning and testing.
- Ensure the GEMS policies, procedures, and codes of conduct are followed at all times.
- Initiate effort and energy beyond the typical work day, where the tasks require additional commitment.
- Attend staff meetings and serve on committees as required.
- Perform other duties as requested by direct & dotted reporting line managers / supervisors.