We are seeking to appoint a dynamic, experienced KG Supervisor who will have passion for Curriculum development and innovation, will lead in establishing knowledge and understanding of teaching pedagogy and will ensure academic excellence in internal and external assessments.
• Build teacher capacity through training teachers in International best practice in the Kindergarten.
• Embrace and encourage the ethos and standards of excellence as defined in the GEMS Core Values and GHS vision.
• Support with implementation of all staff related policies, advice on staff needs and views through regular updates.
• Make substitution and arrange for supply teachers, establish a seamless working relationship with teachers in the learning teaching dynamics.
• Arrange timetables and work allocation, arrange optimum use of resources and facilities by staff e.g. GLG, labs, multi-purpose/activity rooms & libraries.
• Manage long/medium/short term academic plans and monitor progress.
• Arrange regular open houses with a focus on developing closer Parental ties.
• Interact on a need basis to address day to day problems and issues raised by the Parental community.
• Conduct regular staff meetings with academic agendas to develop coordination among teachers & grades.
• Ensure the GEMS policies, procedures, and codes of conduct are followed at all times.
• Initiate effort and energy beyond the typical workday, where the tasks require additional commitment.
• Attend staff meetings and serve on committees as required.
• Perform other duties as requested by direct & dotted reporting line managers / supervisors.
This exciting opportunity requires the following key competencies, skills, and these will be assessed during the recruitment process:
• Strategic Thinking
• Leading and Developing Others
• Effective Communication
• Problem Solving and Decision Making
• Influence and Negotiation
• Delivering results
To be considered for this appointment: You will have
• A minimum experience of 3 years in a supervisory or leadership role (academics) in UAE would be an advantage.
• A minimum of 6 years in teaching experience which could be a combination covering the Primary school section with a strong EYFS background is preferred.
• Familiarity with the curriculum vis-à-vis the post along with inspection of schools and the latest trends in educational thinking and pedagogy.
• Educational expertise and a proven track record of developing and sustaining very high standards within a caring learning environment.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to clearly communicate goals, empower collaboration, motivate staff, provide direction and set expectations.
• You should have demonstrated a successful track record of student achievement and attainment.
• In addition to a Graduate Degree, you will also need to have an education degree from a recognized university.