We are currently hiring an experienced Head of Sixth Form for Jumeirah College, Dubai. This appointment is for September 2019 start.
The Head of Sixth Form will have responsibility for both the pastoral and academic care of all Sixth Formers. He/she will work closely with the Sixth Form Team including, the Head of Year 12 (Assistant Head of Sixth Form), the Careers advisor, the Sixth Form tutors and the achievement/well-being coordinators in order to support all students in the Sixth Form.
- To lead and inspire the Sixth Form Team
- To ensure the highest possible quality of care for all pupils
- To sustain and develop the academic success of the Sixth Form
- To maintain the tutorial programme for all Sixth Formers
- To promote a culture of excellence and high expectations in all aspects of school life
- To maintain excellent relationships and communication with parents, teachers and tutors
- To conduct an academic overview following each data sweep and lead intervention strategies
- To oversee and improve the attendance and punctuality of the Sixth Form
- To manage the UCAS and University admission process for all Year 13 students
- To maintain discipline and general conduct of all pupils in the Sixth Form
- To oversee and lead, where appropriate, Sixth Form assemblies, Parents’ Evenings, Sixth Form tutor meetings, student executive
- To maintain the organisation of the series of social events for the Sixth Formers
- To organise the end of Year Graduation and Graduation booklet
- To organise the leavers assembly
- To oversee the contribution of each Sixth Form Committee
- To Liaise with the Vice Principal, pastoral with regards to Sixth Form Open Evening
- To meet with the Student Executive on a weekly basis
- Alongside the Head of Year 12, to organise the process of Student Executive elections
- To attend A Level results day
The successful applicant will have the following:
A certified teaching qualification with exceptional subject knowledge and experience of leading a high performing teaching team who looking for the next step in their career.
Experience teaching GCSE and A-Level or equivalent. We are seeking to appoint talented, highly motivated and well-qualified individuals You should have a proven track record of outstanding learning and teaching.
At least 2 years’ experience of the National Curriculum for England.
To be considered for these posts you must hold a BEd or degree and PGCE / PGDE or equivalent The successful applicant will possess the willingness to commit to Extra Curricular activities.
What we offer:
- Students that are enthusiastic and keen to learn in a positive environment
- Opportunity to work within a team of highly supportive and creative colleagues
- Excellent professional development and guidance
- A school committed to doing the best for each and every one of its students
Please ensure you have uploaded an up to date CV, formal letter of application and recent photograph.
Please note, the closing date for applications is 28 March 2019. Applications will be shortlisted and those selected for interview will be contacted.