We are currently hiring an experienced Vice Principal for The Kindergarten Starters - Dubai. This appointment is for June 2019.
We are looking to appoint a Deputy to support the Principal in leading the school and to further develop the already strong provision of the CBSE curriculum and KHDA ratings.
• To assist the Principal and the Senior Leadership Team of the school, in all aspects of school improvement, school evaluation, planning policies and procedures and taking full /shared responsibility for the school in the absence of the Principal.
• To be an integral part of a successful Leadership Team trading on synergies of expertise and experience
• To promote the school to all stakeholders and the wider community
• To take full responsibility for leading and managing significant aspects of the school, under the overall direction of the Principal.
• To further, improve standards in academic performance, care and well-being.
• To lead professional development to ensure high quality learning and teaching.
• To assist the Principal with the effective and efficient use of school management information systems and the financial management of school, admissions and enrolment.
This exciting opportunity requires the following key competencies and skills and these will be assessed during the recruitment process:
-Strategic Thinking and Forward Planning
-Problem Solving and Decision Making
-Influence Middle Leaders and Teachers
-Leading and Developing Others
To be considered for this appointment: You will have the following skills and experience
• A minimum experience of 5 years as a section head, experience in Kindergarten and Primary school would be an advantage.
• A minimum of 10 years in teaching experience which could be a combination covering the Kindergarten and Primary sections.
• Familiarity with the curriculum vis-à-vis the post along with inspection of schools by external bodies such as KHDA and the latest trends in educational thinking and pedagogy.
• Educational expertise and a proven track record of developing and sustaining very high standards within a caring learning environment.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to clearly communicate goals, empower collaboration, motivate staff, provide direction and set expectations.
• You should have demonstrated a successful track record of student achievement and attainment.
• Preference will be given if you have a Graduate Degree in the mainstream teaching subject / faculty in addition to a Graduate Degree in Education from a recognized university.
• Sound knowledge of the CBSE Expectations will be an added advantage.