We are currently hiring an experienced Headmistress for GEMS Our Own English High School – Al Warqa’a, Dubai (Girls School). This appointment is for an immediate vacancy.
This exciting opportunity requires the following key competencies and skills and these will be assessed during the internal recruitment process:
-Strategic Thinking and Forward Planning
-Problem Solving and Decision Making
-Influence Middle Leaders and Teachers
-Leading and Developing Others
To be considered for this appointment: You will
have the following skills and experience:
• A minimum experience of 5 years as a school supervisor or a section head, senior school experience would be an advantage.
• A minimum of 10 years in teaching experience which could be a combination covering the KG, Primary, Middle, Secondary and Senior sections.
• Familiarity with the curriculum vis-à-vis the post along with inspection of schools by external bodies such as KHDA and the latest trends in educational thinking and pedagogy.
• Educational expertise and a proven track record of developing and sustaining very high standards within a caring learning environment.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to clearly communicate goals, empower collaboration, motivate staff, provide direction and set expectations.
• You should have demonstrated a successful track record of student achievement and attainment.
• Preference will be given if you have a Post Graduate Degree in the mainstream teaching subject / faculty in addition to a Graduate Degree in Education from a recognized university.
• Sound knowledge of the CBSE Expectations will be an added advantage.