The Elementary Division of Dubai American Academy is a fast-paced and large learning environment of over 1200 students. Our vision is for student learning to be inquiry-based, trans-disciplinary, meaningful and authentic.
The Instructional Activator will activate and amplify student learning with a specific focus on Numeracy. As an Activator your role will be to co-plan, team teach, and model innovative practice that ensures our students receive a learning founded in high expectations, vigor and joy. As well, our Activators will host regular professional learning
IMPACT ON TEACHING AND LEARNING
• Facilitate the planning, delivery and assessment of numeracy units of study with grade level Numeracy Champions in order to enhance the inquiry disposition of our numeracy program;
• Focus on using assessment and student work to analyze student learning, and collaborate to make informed decisions about instruction;
• Use curricula or programs as tools for reaching student learning objectives. Ensuring that curricula is scaffolded in a manner the ensures continuity of language K-5;
• Be viewed as a proficient partner that supports teachers to meet their goals for students;
• Pair innovative and fundamental skill work to enhance teaching and learning;
• Provide direction and coordination and professional development for how the curriculum is taught and recognize best institutional practices;
• Support teachers with the strategic how of teaching by sharing multiple instructional strategies/processes with teachers during planning times and by regularly modeling lessons in classrooms;
• Informally observe (non-evaluative) lessons and provide feedback for a teacher’s professional growth and students’ success;
• Work with the school team to ensure our students are able to demonstrate their personal excellence on all external assessments.
PREFERRED SKILLS, QUALITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
1. Excellent skills, knowledge and experience in numeracy, particularly with ensuring numeracy is taught with an inquiry disposition.
2. Excellent skills, knowledge, experience and willingness to learn the use and application of a range of technologies that can support numeracy learning.
3. A proven ability to collaborate effectively with school leadership in the development and implementation of the school vision.
4. A proven ability to collaborate effectively with teachers.
5. A proven ability to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders. You will be making whole group presentations.
6. A positive, professional, and collaborative disposition supportive of both the school and the GEMS organization.
7. An awareness and knowledge of contemporary trends, developments, theory and methods in the transformation of future fluent teaching and learning
8. A drive to place DAA at the cutting edge of research, policy and practice, and curriculum development on the digital transformation of teaching and learning within the school
· You are someone who has inspiring ideas and the capacity and drive to make those ideas reality;
· You have exceptional communication skills with staff, students and parents;
· You thrive in a fast-paced and ever evolving learning environment;
With your application please include the Cover Letter detailing why you are the person who is best able to activate high quality and consistent K-5 numeracy practice in our classrooms, with the ultimate goal of all our learning being trans-disciplinary.