We are currently looking for an experienced Head of Math for GEMS Winchester School, Abu Dhabi. This appointment is for September 2019.
- Provide leadership and management for the department to ensure high quality teaching of the relevant subject, effective use of resources and improved standards of achievement for pupils.
- Overall responsibility for the effective running of the department, including management of teaching staff, resources and professional development.
- Embrace and encourage the ethos and standards of excellence as defined in the GEMS Core Values.
- Organize and manage the department in line with the aims and objectives of the school.
- Responsible for ensuring high standards of teaching and learning in the relevant subject area including overseeing the professional development of staff and keeping abreast of recent developments in the subject.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of teaching and learning and provide support and guidance to staff where appropriate. Set priorities and targets for individual team members and the department.
- Act as the first point of contact for teaching staff in the department who are experiencing difficulties with pupil Behaviour, standards of work etc.
- Ensure the GEMS policies, procedures, and codes of conduct are followed at all times.
- Be prepared and contribute beyond the typical work day, where the event/ tasks which require additional commitment.
- Lead on team recruitment, induction and performance management.
- Team and resource management, strategic planning and decision-making. Ability to motivate a team and command respect.
- Attend staff meetings, PD and serve on committees as required.
- Perform other duties as requested by SLT.
To be considered for this appointment: You will have
- At least five (5) years’ relevant teaching experience.
- Previous experience in the same role is an advantage.
- Experience of the British Curriculum is preferred but not essential.
- A creative and enthusiastic approach both in and out of the classroom.
- An excellent team player both within the department and across phases.
- Excellent I.T. and inter-personal communication skills to work closely with students and parents.
- Good command of English.
- Degree in the mainstream teaching subject / faculty in addition to a Graduate Degree in Education from a recognized university.