We are currently hiring an experienced KG Supervisor for GEMS Our Own English High School – Sharjah (OOB). This appointment will be made with sufficient notice to the current school.
• Build teacher capacity through training teachers in International best practice in the Kindergarten.
• Embrace and encourage the ethos and standards of excellence as defined in the GEMS Core Values and the school vision.
• Support with implementation of all staff related policies, advice on staff needs and views through regular updates.
• Make substitution and arrange for supply teachers, establish a seamless working relationship with teachers in the learning teaching dynamics.
• Arrange timetables and work allocation, arrange optimum use of resources and facilities by staff e.g. GLG, labs, multi-purpose/activity rooms & libraries.
• Manage long/medium/short term academic plans and monitor progress.
• Arrange regular open houses with a focus on developing closer Parental ties.
• Interact on a need basis to address day to day problems and issues raised by the Parental community.
• Conduct regular staff meetings with academic agendas to develop coordination among teachers & grades.
• Ensure the GEMS policies, procedures, and codes of conduct are followed at all times.
• Initiate effort and energy beyond the typical workday, where the tasks require additional commitment.
• Attend staff meetings and serve on committees as required.
• Perform other duties as requested by direct & dotted reporting line managers / supervisors.
This exciting opportunity requires the following key competencies, skills, and these will be assessed during the recruitment process:
• Strategic Thinking
• Leading and Developing Others
• Effective Communication
• Problem Solving and Decision Making
• Influence and Negotiation
• Delivering results
To be considered for this appointment: You will have the following skills and experience:
• A minimum of 6 years in teaching experience in the KG school section with leadership responsibilities (academics) is preferred.
• Familiarity with the curriculum vis-à-vis the post along with inspection of schools and the latest trends in educational thinking and pedagogy.
• Educational expertise and a proven track record of developing and sustaining very high standards within a caring learning environment.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to clearly communicate goals, empower collaboration, motivate staff, provide direction and set expectations.
• You should have demonstrated a successful track record of student achievement and attainment.
• In addition to a Graduate Degree, you will also need to have an education degree from a recognized university. (Kindly note candidates will be shortlisted based on the qualification criteria set by the MOE).