Little GEMS International Al Barsha are seeking to appoint an Early Years Practitioner for a Foundation Stage 1 class maternity cover until December. Candidates should hold a Level 3 Diploma in Early Years Education such as NNEB, CACHE, NVQ as minimum. Education/teaching degree such as PGCE or QTS are desirable.
This is an exciting position to join our outstanding team of early years educators in a purpose built early years environment which may lead to a full time role.
Foundation Stage 1 Class Teacher - Maternity Cover
- To deliver high quality Early Years Care and Education to children aged 0 to 4 years using the Early Years Foundation Stage as a framework.To meet UK statutory welfare requirements and local Ministry of Education regulations. To ensure that every child reaches his or her full potential and to contribute to the wider pre-school community.
- Plan and deliver quality lessons to motivate students. Create and utilize appropriate materials and the classroom environment to cater for different learning styles.
- Show written evidence of planning and preparation on request. Establish and maintain records of curriculum and year plans, attendance, teaching resources, assessment plans etc.
- Teach students assigned according to their individual needs using appropriate teaching strategies that meet student needs and abilities
- Set and mark work. Assess, record and report on the academic development, progress and attainment of students and use assessment to ensure the curriculum meets the individual student’s needs.
- Display competence in using media and technology in the classroom.
- Participate in appraisal and Performance Management procedures and Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
- Communicate and meet with parents regularly promoting the GEMS philosophy and core values; keep parents regularly informed of students’ progress while respecting the confidentiality of student-related information.
Skills & Experience:
- Skilled practitioner with solid commitment to teaching and learning and strong knowledge of the early years. Excellent communication skills, able to build relationships with students and colleagues and contribute to wider school life
- Two years' Early Years’ teaching experience.