We are looking for qualified, experienced and committed High School Librarians who are excited to join our world class schools and are driven to provide education at an exceptional level. GEMS teachers enjoy an outstanding school environment in which to deliver a dynamic and creative curriculum to motivated students.
- To support the continued evolution of our students' independent learning skills by facilitating access to appropriate print and online content.
- Assist students identify and access books, online publications appropriate to their reading level and interest and help students and staff source topic-related books for study.
- Develop reading lists for various age levels.
- Liaise with Heads of Department to select and prepare annual library order including selection and renewal of subscriptions for periodicals, place orders and process delivery of new books.
- In collaboration with the Cultural Compliance Committee, ensure that library resources are appropriate for their target audience.
- Responsible for the storage, maintenance and access to the audio-visual library.
- Maintain, update and make available past examination, college and careers material.
- Responsible for the general maintenance of the library ensuring it is comfortable, well lit, attractive, organised, clearly signposted etc.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Librarianship/ Library Science or any other relevant subject
- A minimum of 2 year's solid and demonstrable experience in a similar position, ideally in a High School setting
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- The ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, students and parents
- The experience, personality and educational philosophy to drive further, the education agenda at this flagship GEMS school with an international student body
- Aspiration to work in a world class school with real prospects for enhancing their career