We are seeking to appoint enthusiastic individuals to join The Westminster School, Dubai as School Librarian. This is an immediate requirement and only those who can join on an immediate basis should apply for this vacancy.
- Responsible for the school library, the librarian primarily has the task of introducing books and encouraging the enjoyment of reading.
- Assist students to find books appropriate to their reading level and interest and help students and staff source topic-related books for study.
- Responsible for arrangements for studen
- Develop reading lists for various age levels.
- ts to borrow library books, keeping records of books borrowed, following up on unreturned books via written letters to parents etc.
- Teach younger students about books, their treatment and the library layout including the Dewey Decimal classification system.
- Liaise with Heads of Department to select and prepare annual library order including selection and renewal of subscriptions for periodicals.
- Place orders and process delivery of new books. • Computer cataloguing of all books using the Dewey Decimal system if applicable and produce catalogues of books held.
- Repair and withdraw old books.
- Responsible for the storage, maintenance and access to the audio-visual library.
- Where appropriate, find and encourage volunteer assistance and teach volunteers the procedures and processes of the library.
- Maintain, update and make available examination material (past papers, syllabi etc) and college and careers material.
- Responsible for the general maintenance of the library ensuring it is comfortable, well lit, attractive, organised, clearly signposted etc.
- Participate in the selection, training and supervision of library support staff.