About the Role
We are seeking to appoint an Head of Primary to join our team from March/April 2020.
We require someone with a track record of outstanding classroom practice and the ability to lead improvement in academic standards and student outcomes in EYFS and Years 1 to 6. As a member of SLT, the Head of Primary will play an important role in the overall leadership and management of the Primary Section. In particular, you will work closely with the Head of School and Senior leadership Team to lead and develop outstanding teaching and learning across the school.
The successful candidate will:
• Support the leadership of all areas including learning and teaching, assessment-student achievements, curriculum development, quality assurance and CPD needs;
• Assist the Principal/Vice Principal in line managing the Head of Key stages, Heads of Department and Year Teams;
• Assist the Senior Leadership Team in setting very high expectations with a clear focus on student achievements across the school, standards and quality of learning and teaching;
• Have a thorough knowledge of the EYFS and the Primary National Curriculum for England to be able to assist the Principal/Vice Principal in the development of the primary curriculum at WIN;
• Oversee the effective communications between school and home;
• Ensure the WIN policies are upheld by all stakeholders to the highest standards;
• Oversee the development of the whole child including behavior, safeguarding, health and wellbeing and personal achievements.
Applicants should be:
• Highly experienced in National Curriculum for England & thorough knowledge of EYFS & Primary Years 1 to 6
• A fully certified teacher, holding a B.Ed, PGCE, PGDE or equivalent
• Passionate about providing outstanding teaching and learning with Innovation and strategic futuristic development at the core.
• Efficient in people development and have proven leadership and communication abilities
About Your Benefits
This position offers an excellent remuneration package.
- About GEMS
Trusted for over 55 years and now a third generation education family, GEMS Education began in a single school room in Dubai. Today, we have the privilege of educating over 190,000 students from over 176 countries through GEMS owned and managed schools globally; over 270,000 students access resources through our services division; and we will impact 20 million by 2020 students through the initiatives of our Charity partner Varkey Foundation.
- About the School
As one of Dubai’s preferred schools, our school has been teaching the National Curriculum for England (NCFE) to students from across the world since September, 2003. And we continue to be a preferred educator because of our prime location, excellent facilities and our reputation for providing a high-standard of education at an affordable price.
As a GEMS Education school, our foundation of learning is based on GEMS’ four core concepts of:
These foundational concepts enrich our curriculum and provide our students with an approach to learning that goes beyond basic memorisation of facts, by teaching our students how to be educated human beings who are knowledgeable in life and how to apply knowledge in the real world. We are the school where ‘Every Child Matters’.
- learning through innovation
- pursuing excellence
- growing by learning
- global citizenship
About Application Process
If you meet the criteria and you are enthusiastic about the role, we would welcome your application. To complete the application you would need the following document(s):
2. Passport-size photograph
Important Note : GEMS Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all of its students. Applicants will be required to submit a current police criminal clearance check or equivalent from their home country or current country of residence prior to appointment.