The role includes facilitating and providing Technology Infrastructure support to Services entities. It also includes the installation & configuration of computer hardware including servers/laptops, operating systems, applications and its maintenance and monitoring.
- Install, configure and maintain servers, PCs, peripherals, IT tools/equipment, packaged software, antivirus, utilities, software tools and software patches.
- Install, administer and upgrade the computer network infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot problems arising from hardware, software, application systems, network infrastructure virus and security related attacks.
- Install/ reinstall and configure packaged software and applications, antivirus, software utilities and patches.
- Update antivirus, systems software and other software updates, when required.
- Setup user accounts and profiles for Services users (Admin & Academic).
- Set up equipment in offices. Along with setting up accounts and profiles for all users.
- Assign priorities to problems reported, based on the severity, and coordinate with the concerned parties (SSC-IT, vendors, suppliers, etc.), where required, in tracking and resolving the problem.
- Provide user support (Admin & Academic) - assist users in the appropriate use of systems/applications Intranet and Internet usage and provide them the best possible solutions to their IT related issues/ problems.
- Respond to queries on the status of the problem or service request.
- Respond to emergency call for equipment, software and network problems, provide technical support.
- Follow service desk procedures and deliver excellent support and customer service.
- Diagnose and resolve user tickets related to hardware, software, and networking.
- Setup and ensure the strict compliance of procedures related to daily backup and other periodic routines - Software patches, data transfers/ interchange, port/ import/ export and restoration from backups when required.
- Maintain records of and manages site licenses for software purchased. Notifies SCC-IT when upgrades/ renewals are required.
- Record, monitor and control software licenses purchased and used and notify SSC-IT when upgrades/ renewals are required.
- Maintain current inventory of hardware and software.
- Assist the school in updating their web-sites, as required.
- Train users in the appropriate use of hardware, network, Intranet, internet, standard software packages and software tools.
- Assist in closure of technology related audit observations points.
- Coordinate and interact with SSC-IT, for all school matters related to IT policy, systems integration and networking (group wide), IT- infrastructure, purchases, upgrades, warranty, and replacements, new technology and requirements, technology plan and budgets.
- Coordinate with IT vendors (and SSC-IT, where relevant) for IT items ordered and delivered, upgrades and replacements warranty issues and payments due.
- Embrace and encourage the ethos and standards of excellence as defined in the GEMS Core Values.
- Contributes to the liaison and effective communication with vendors for all device related hardware and software technologies and requirements.
- Ensures the GEMS policies, procedures, and codes of conduct are followed at all times.
- Ensure high standards of confidentiality to safeguard corporate sensitive information.
- Initiate effort and energy beyond the typical work day, where the tasks require additional commitment.
Expected Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
- Degree (BSc/ MSc) in technology related subject.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ hands on experience in maintaining ICT Infrastructure (Servers, Data & Voice cabling, Data Switches, Wireless Access Points, Access point Controllers, Routers, Firewall, Internet Lines, PCs, Laptops, Tablet PCs, Printers, Peripherals, Multimedia Projectors, Interactive Whiteboards, Robotics, Video Conferencing System, Digital Signage ,AV equipment etc.) ,
Microsoft Server Operating Systems, Server Security and Server based applications.
- Knowledge on MS Office 365 and other MS office tools.
- Knowledge of Android and iOS operating systems and prior experience in handling similar roles.
- Experience in deploying technologies policies and standards.
- Excellent communication skills, attention to details and effective problem solving (technical) skills.
- Ability to multi task and cope with a degree of pressure at peak times.