GEMS World Academy-Dubai develops inquiring, reflective and caring learners who, through the rigor of the IB programs, have the knowledge, skills and character to take action and create a better, more peaceful world. Supported by highly qualified staff in world-class facilities, our diverse international community is encouraged to develop intercultural understanding and respect. Our aim is to be a world-class IB school that maximizes every student’s learning and character to enable them to choose their own successful path and positively contribute to the local and global society.
We are looking to appoint an outstanding, highly-motivated and well-qualified Assistant ICT Engineer to join our team as soon as possible.
The successful applicant should have the following:
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science required.
- Minimum of 2 years of full time experience in a similar role with hands on experience in maintaining ICT Infrastructure. Preferences would be given to those who already have experience working in a School environment.
- You will have experience working with a great variety of hardware such as servers, switches, wireless access points, routers, firewalls, PC/Laptop/tablets, whiteboards, video conferencing, etc.
- An excellent team player within the department and across phases.
- You will have very strong communication and organizational skills. With meticulous attention to detail, you will enjoy problem solving, will work well under pressure and be able to meet tight deadlines.
- Advanced command of English language is a must.
You will be responsible for providing IT support to all administrative and educational staff. You will ensure best practices for the use of systems, applications, the Intranet portal and the Internet.
Your main responsibilities will include installing, configuring, maintaining and administrating hardware, software and infrastructure equipment in all areas of the school such as offices, classrooms and labs. You will troubleshoot any problems arising from the IT equipment and respond to emergency calls around the school environment.
You will be responsible for following company procedures for back-ups, security or restoration of all IT equipment and software. You will maintain a record of the licenses, hardware and passwords. You will also collaborate and interact with IT staff within the School Support Centre and in other GEMS schools where appropriate.