GEMS World Academy-Dubai develops inquiring, reflective and caring learners who, through the rigor of the IB programs, have the knowledge, skills and character to take action and create a better, more peaceful world. Supported by highly qualified staff in world-class facilities, our diverse international community is encouraged to develop intercultural understanding and respect. Our aim is to be a world-class IB school that maximizes every student’s learning and character to enable them to choose their own successful path and positively contribute to the local and global society.
We are looking to appoint an outstanding, highly-motivated and well-qualified Learning Support Teacher to join our Elementary School team in August 2020.
Learning Support Teacher will work side by side with classroom teachers, counselors and administrators to develop the learning environment for our students.
- Helps teachers to differentiate for all learning styles.
- Helps students through one-on-one instruction and small-group instruction.
- Provides professional development to individual teachers, grade-level teams and special learning opportunities.
- Works with external support service organizations.
The successful applicant should have the following:
- A certified teaching qualification such as PGCE, PGDE, BEd or equivalent
- Degree, license or endorsement in Special Education
- Masters or advanced degree (preferred)
- Minimum 2 years of full-time successful teaching in a Special Education program
- Experience working with learning disabilities/special education within relevant age/grade levels
- Working in an international school setting and familiarity with the IB educational system
- Working successfully with a culturally diverse population
- Classroom inclusion experience
- Professional commitment to becoming an “Outstanding” Teacher
- An excellent team player within the department and across phases
- Very strong IT and interpersonal communication skills to work closely with students and parents
- Advanced command of English language
Please note: Interviews and hiring of shortlisted candidates may occur prior to the advertised closing date.