Early Years Support Practitioner
- Support Early Years Practitioners in the daily care, supervision and learning and development of children, as assigned.
- Run small group activities inside or outside the classroom as directed by the Early Years Practitioner.
- Inform Section Leader and/or Early Years Practitioners of any issues or complaints from parents.
- Prepare and tidy up classroom activities and support with the cleanliness of classrooms, bathrooms, kitchens and work areas as relevant to the care and education assignment.Mount work displays and assist with preparation of displays.
- Assist children in the use of bathroom facilities and provide intimate care for children who are not yet toilet independent.
- Be responsible for covering c lass for short periods of time in emergency situations. Ensure the safety and comfort of children is a priority always.
- Ensure the Little GEMS policies, procedures, and codes of conduct are followed always.
- Attend staff meetings and serve on committees as required.
- Perform other duties as requested by direct & dotted reporting line managers/supervisors
- Tidy and rearrange stock cupboards and distribute new stock as required.
- Ensure tact, confidentiality and discretion always.Maintain confidential information and ensure information pertaining to students and the School is not shared or discussed without the approval of the Early Years Practitioner or Section Leader.
- Initiate effort and energy beyond the typical work day, where tasks require additional commitment.
- Develop familiarity with relevant aspects of the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework.
Skills and Experience:
- Completion of secondary education as a minimum.
- Good organisational skills and an ability to work under pressure.Good English language skills including reading, writing, speaking.A willing ability to multi task.
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience in a similar position.