We are looking for an outstanding Head of Department to join our Drama and Acting Faculty at GEMS Wellington Academy - Silicon Oasis from September 2020.
WSO is the GEMS Centre of Excellence for Performing Arts and Theatre Tech, with outstanding facilities, offering over 3000 students weekly Performing Arts lessons taught by trained professionals. As a Centre of Excellence, we have developed a bespoke partnership with the leading UK Drama Conservatoire, ArtsEd, to enhance our Performing Arts provision. Through this partnership, both students and staff have regular professional development opportunities, through Acting, Musical Theatre and Dance pathways.
As a Centre of Excellence for Performance and Theatre Tech, working alongside Lord Andrew Lloyd Webber’s outstanding Performing Arts school (ArtsEd) and United Dance Organisation (UDO), we are able to provide our students with a world-class Performing Arts education.
In order to continue to develop our world-class Performing Arts training at WSO, we are now looking for an outstanding Head of Drama and Acting who is able to bring vocational, teaching and learning and leadership experience to the department.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced leader or an experienced drama/acting teacher looking for the next step in their career. You should be somebody who is looking to join a global leading company and a world-class international school.
You will be responsible for running a successful department and should have previous experience implementing outstanding teaching and learning practice both within the classroom and across a wider department setting.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- A B.Ed. or a Bachelor’s in a relevant subject alongside a PGCE / PGDE or equivalent
- Exceptional subject knowledge, including knowledge/experience of Acting pathways including Acting for Screen
- Proven Leadership qualities
- Commitment to promote and support the vision, values and ethos of the Academy
- Knowledge and understanding of what constitutes high-quality educational provision and how to secure it within the Academy
- Possess drive, enthusiasm, determination and boundless energy to improve the life chances and experiences of students
- Generate high expectations, enthusiasm and commitment from staff
- Willingness to commit to extra rehearsals and support wider school events and performances.