In response to Wesgreen International School’s continued success, we are now looking to appoint a permanent Head of KG2 (Year 1). If you are driven to provide education at an exceptional level and are excited to join one of our world-class schools this may be the ideal role for you. Our teachers enjoy an outstanding school environment in which to deliver a dynamic and creative curriculum to motivated students.
- To drive student achievement in KG2 (Y1) to exceed international benchmark standards.
- To lead the development of learning and teaching practices through a coaching model to ensure consistently high quality teaching and learning.
- To develop staff understanding and assessment of the curriculum to ensure robust reporting to students and parents and to track student progress accurately.
- To identify and lead quality professional development for teachers and teaching assistants.
- To develop a culture of excellence based on continual reflection and improvement.
- Provide cover for teachers and intervention support where appropriate.
- To develop and maintain excellent partnerships with parents and community members.
To be considered for this appointment you must a hold recognised teaching qualification and will have leadership experience within a vibrant and diverse school, and be seeking the next challenging stage in your career. We are keen to attract people with ambition and have access to a number of leadership programmes to ensure ongoing continuous development.
In addition to the above, you must:
- Have a minimum of 5 years of experience within an NCfE school at Lower Primary.
- KG2 (Y1) specific experience is preferred, especially in a leadership capacity such as year group leader or lead teacher.
- Hold a BEd or PGCE or equivalent.
- Have proven leadership and communication abilities coupled with efficient competencies in the area of people development.
- Be resilient and positive in outlook.
The successful candidate will have high expectations of themselves and the schools they have worked in, a professional working ethos and sound Primary School educational philosophy to drive the education agenda at Wesgreen International School.
If you meet these criteria, are enthusiastic about teaching and learning and have the drive and passion to get the most from our students then we would welcome your application.
In addition to an up to date CV, please include a covering letter detailing a recent position wherein you have had the opportunity to demonstrate how you meet the criteria outlined above.