At GEMS Dubai American Academy we are looking to appoint a short term maternity cover Assistant Principal in Middle School starting January 2, 2022. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced educator who is interested to join our world class school and is driven to provide education at an exceptional level.
Our Middle School learning program is designed to meet the developmental needs of young adolescents by offering a holistic program which encourages independence, collaboration and responsibility. We want our students to be intrinsically motivated and actively engaged in their learning. We understand that in this age group students need to be exposed to a wide range of subjects but they also need a level of autonomy or choice in their program. This is why in addition to mandatory core subjects, our students have the opportunity to select from a range of elective offerings in Grade 7 & 8 after trialing exploratory courses in Grade 6. As a division we value the co-creation of our learning and systems and we strive to develop a learning eco-system amongst all educational stakeholders.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
1. Record of highly successful teaching experience in the particular division;
2. Record of effective leadership and management experience;
3. Experience with American curriculum, standards, and pedagogy.
1. Current North American teacher and administration certification (preferred);
2. Master’s Degree (School Administration, Leadership, and/or Curriculum).