Dubai American Academy is looking to appoint an outstanding Assistant Principal in our Elementary School starting in August 2020.
The Elementary Division is a fast-paced and large learning environment of over 1200 students. Our vision is for student learning to be inquiry-based, transdisciplinary, meaningful and authentic. As a division we value the co-creation of our learning and systems and we strive to develop a learning eco-system amongst all educational stakeholders.
As a member of the Elementary Leadership Team your exceptional educational, organizational and community leadership will support further implementation of the Future Fluencies, systems development and school community connectivity. Working within our Elementary Leadership Team, and the Senior Leadership Team, you will be responsible for the social well-being and academic growth of all children.
- You will undertake capacity building with staff to further grow our inquiry-based pedagogy and Future Fluent processes towards our goal of full transdisciplinary learning;
- You will work closely with grade level teams to ensure classroom learning reflects the development of our core values of Leading through Innovation, Growing as Learners, Pursuing Excellence and Global Citizenship;
- You will create opportunities for the embedding of innovation and Edu-Tech into classroom learning in a manner that supports the transformational realms of the SAMR model;
- You will build positive connections between students, staff and parents;
- You will monitor and implement systems for learning that provide for greater transparency and sustainability of learning;
KEY REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS ROLE:
- Current North American teacher and administration certification;
- Master’s Degree (School Administration, Leadership, and/or Curriculum);
- Record of highly successful teaching experience in the particular division;
- Record of effective leadership and management experience;
- Experience with American curriculum, standards, and pedagogy;
- A positive, professional, and collaborative disposition; and
- A strong work ethic and drive, including a willingness to contribute to the continual improvement of Dubai American Academy.