The Transport Manager has overall accountability for the delivery of student passenger transport services and customer service strategy though the leadership of all customer facing roles and the management of safe operations and planning.
• Ensure all contract deliverables are met to support the development of long lasting client relationships through appropriate management of an output based management delivery model;
• Understand the complex stakeholder map for projects and develop long lasting relationships;
• Develop, monitor and review service delivery programs for all customers;
• Liaise with staff and external clients at all levels in matters relating to service delivery;
• In conjunction with associated group companies, develop business continuity plans for numerous scenarios;
• Manage and direct the operations of the business in accordance with the company’s strategic plan, with an emphasis on standardisation of policies and procedures;
• Support the collection of all revenue fees through contract models;
• Liaise with customer representatives on an appropriate and regular basis;
• Ensure the timely and satisfactory management and resolution of complaints from customers and the grievances of employees, in accordance with company and group policies;
• Management of subcontractors and suppliers.
• Manage the day-to-day operations of all elements of the contracts to meet all regulatory, business, strategic plans and Key Performance Indicators (KPI);
• Manage and navigate through various audits, inspections conducted by local internal and external bodies,
• Establish policies, management plans and procedures for each service offering;
• Prepare monthly reports and attend monthly leadership meetings;
• Recommend and administer improvement programs;
• Develop route optimisation plans and scheduling programmes;
• Monitor the progress of accreditation and quality management systems and coordinate the standardisation of policies and procedures;
• Lead the teams, dealing with all aspects of people management including ensuring the highest employee engagement levels in line with company strategy;
• Provide direct line management for the technical services that report into the role, including but not limited to performance management and career planning of individuals;
• Direct, assist, support and advise line managers, supervisors and team leaders ensuring the implementation of changes necessary to meet evolving service delivery standards;
• Responsible for the departmental budget and all financial aspects to ensure that services deliver the numbers that exceed the commitment agreed with group;
• Clearly understand the commercial arrangements of all services and have full understanding of company obligations within so as the right decisions can be made with respect to scope, liability etc.;
• Review service delivery contracts;
• Ongoing management of all quality risk management program;
• Contribute towards the preparation of operating budgets;
• Meet agreed budgets (commitments) and business planning outcomes.
• Lead the development and implementation of the Operational Control Systems and ensure that the contents of Quality, Health, Safety & Environment (QHSE) and all Policy Statements are known and understood by employees;
• Provide input into the development of the QHSE and information Policy Statements;
• Provide QHSE statistical input to the company;
• Ensure that a good QHSE and passenger security culture is promoted within all departments and among peers, employees, visitors, subcontractors and customers.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Arabic and English language;
• Degree or Advanced Diploma in Business Management or similar;
• Minimum ten (10) years’ experience in transport management;
• Minimum five (5) years management and/or operational experience at a senior level within a business;
• Knowledge of both international and local statutory and legislated transport requirements;
• Knowledge of international best practice in public transport;
• Strong leadership skills.
• Experience in delivering customer focused transport services;
• Demonstrated high level of interpersonal skills and proven ability to effectively communicate (in both oral and in written form) with all levels of management, employees, customers, contractors and other stakeholders;
• Ability to motivate, lead, manage change and work in a multi discipline and multi-functional team;
• Demonstrated commitment to the processes of continuous improvement and quality customer service;
• Proven financial management expertise, especially the ability to meet budget objectives;
• Have led a diverse, multi-cultured, multi-disciplined workforce to achieve the work output and quality of services.