About the Role
We are currently recruiting a Secondary Vice Principal to join the team in September 2020.
The successful candidate will embody the values, vision and ethos of Wellington Academy, Silicon Oasis, and assist the CEO and Principals in formulating policy which will ensure high quality and successful outcomes
Duties & responsibilities are:
• To be responsible for providing and maintaining accurate data relating to student performance, examination results, assessments, tracking and target setting
• To be responsible for the monitoring, evaluation and continuous review of the quality and effectiveness of curriculum delivery
• To oversee and support the work of Assistant Principals and Middle Leaders
• To develop the strategic framework for collaborative work and arrangements with other learning providers
• To ensure that all staff are supported with high quality continuous professional development and training which contributes to the development and achievements of the Academy as a genuine learning institution
• To lead on key strategic developments which result in raised attainment and outcomes for all students as agreed with the Secondary Principal
• To take a leading role in the preparation of the Academy SEF and Inspection processes and procedures
• Participate in Performance Management arrangements for staff within the Academy
• Maintain awareness and knowledge of contemporary trends, developments, theory and methods in the transformation of teaching and learning within the Academy.
• To carry out any other reasonable duties as directed by the CEO and the Principals.
Qualifications & key skills required:
• Qualified Teacher Status.
• NPQH (enrolled or equivalent within next 2 years)
• Proven skills in senior leadership
• Commitment to promote and support the vision, values and ethos of the Academy
• Evidence of significant and continued professional development
• Evidence of innovation leading to raised standards and improved student and staff motivation
• Knowledge and understanding of the competency-led learning
• Knowledge and understanding of what constitutes high quality educational provision and how to secure it within the Academy
• Evidence of successful delivery against targets
• Possess drive, enthusiasm, determination and boundless energy to improve the life chances and experiences of students
• Generate high expectations, enthusiasm and commitment from staff
• Maintain a sense of humour and proportion whilst working under pressure
• Display a genuine love of learning and care for students
About Your Benefits
All positions attract an excellent remuneration package including:
Competitive tax free salary, accommodation, schooling, private medical insurance, annual airfares to country of residence, and end of Service Gratuity
- About GEMS
Trusted for over 55 years and now a third generation education family, GEMS Education began in a single school room in Dubai. Today, we have the privilege of educating over 190,000 students from over 176 countries through GEMS owned and managed schools globally; over 270,000 students access resources through our services division; and we will impact 20 million by 2020 students through the initiatives of our Charity partner Varkey Foundation.
- About the School
Opened in 2011, GEMS Wellington Academy, Silicon Oasis (WSO) is a Premium British School located in a prestigious area of Dubai. WSO has over 4000 students from FS1 to Y12; although WSO is large, it is effectively broken down into much smaller sections. There are currently 2880 in the Primary School, which is at full capacity. The Secondary School has a current roll of 1366 with the KS3 years near to full capacity. Each School occupies its own building within the Campus.
The WSO focus is ‘World Class – World Ready’; to support this, we have truly world class and stunning facilities – a simply superb environment for the students to grow, learn and succeed. Virtually all teaching staff are either British or Irish; they operate at a very high level of expectations in teaching and professional development.
We deliver British curriculum from the Foundation Stages through to Year 11. At post-16, we offer the IB, with pathways to study either the Diploma Programme or the Career Related Programme. University success rates are high, with the (i)GCSE results easily exceeding UK averages. WSO demonstrated exceptional levels of innovation both in technology and its pedagogy; therefore, some of the best practice from across the world is blended into our programme. A significant emphasis is placed on the co-curricular programme; in particular, performing arts, sport and outdoor education.
About Application Process
If you meet the criteria and you are enthusiastic about the role, we would welcome your application. To complete the application you would need the following document(s):
2. Passport-size photograph
Important Note : GEMS Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all of its students. Applicants will be required to submit a current police criminal clearance check or equivalent from their home country or current country of residence prior to appointment.