We are looking for a Head of Inclusion to assist in the promotion, direction and oversight of high standards of teaching and learning, student achievement and progression through effective inclusion for students with special educational needs Gifted and Talented students and students receiving counselling support. Ensuring inclusive practice is developed and incorporated through all aspects of the school and adhering to the KHDA and UAE law and requirements of Inclusive Education.
The key task of the Head of Inclusion is to ensure that learning support is both efficiently and effectively managed. The range of responsibilities delegated to the Head of Inclusion with regard to provision and coordination is outlined below. It is expected that all legal and statutory requirements are met for students with learning support needs.
Key duties include but are not limited to:
• Manage the Inclusion Department
• Implementing an Inclusion ethos on a whole school level with support from SLT
• Manage the professional development of staff in pedagogical best practice, in conjunction with the SLT
• Work with the Safeguarding Officer
• Manage the identification and intervention support of additional learning needs including, but not limited to;
Gifted and Talented
External therapy support
Support the fulfillment of the school development plan as referenced in KHDA academic plan application and take responsibility for those tasks allocated in that plan.
Manage the intervention team of Inclusion Specialist Teachers, school and student counsellors, Learning Support Assistants, External therapy Centre’s and Small Steps ASD unit.
Support the development of Inclusive values in compliance with the UAE 2020 Vision
To ensure progress against individual educational targets