You will hold a key role in supporting the Teacher/ Lead Practitioner in promoting the learning and personal development of all students. Your role will be carried out mainly within the classroom, however you will also support the Teacher and the School in other aspects related to assisting teaching and learning across the school.
You will have various responsibilities including planning your role in the lessons, supervising and facilitating individual support for the students and providing informal feedback on student progress and achievement.
You will record and share with the Teacher and school Leaders issues of concern and positive feedback about the students.
You will work closely under the guidance of the Teacher to communicate with the students and their parents but also to maintain a file of IEPs, records and other relevant documents.
- Required candidates with Bachelors's degree in special needs education / dealing with special needs children.
- Minimum of two years experience in a teaching and learning environment.
- You will have experience working with students with special learning needs. You will be knowledgeable about behavior management strategies and will be skilled in promoting good behavior and discipline.
- You will be able to effectively communicate and influence students, parents, teachers and school Leaders.
- You will be well-organised and willing to develop your skills to acquire further knowledge and to continuously improve in a professional teaching and learning environment.