We are looking for a pro-active and experienced person to join our team as Assistant Manager School Facilities. This person will primarily be responsible to assist and support the Manager-School Operations (MSO) in facilitating smooth functioning of the School.
Key responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Market Leading Returns: Assisting the MSO in executing the finance & procurement strategies by continuously exceeding the projected revenue and expense goals (budgets & forecasts) on value added and incremental services such as safety & security, facilities management (inclusive planned preventive maintenance, repair & maintenance, hygiene, cleaning), transport, catering, uniforms, extracurricular music-, language-, sport-, and travel- provisions, photography, community use of facilities, etc.
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM): Assisting the MSO in executing the customer care & service strategies by continuously exceeding student, parent, employee, third party, governmental agency expectations.
- Sustainable Responsibility, Health, Safety and Environment: Assisting the MSO in executing the strategies for continuously adhering to international & national laws, ethics, cultural sensitivities and norms. Full compliance with government and local authority regulations. Embracing sustainability impacting all activities within the marketplace (external customers), workplace (internal customers) and community (environment). Help to ensure that a sound HSE framework is deployed and maintain full compliance to the international benchmark and GEMS HSE standards.
- Business Excellence: Assisting the MSO in executing quality management principles by continuously using quality assurance tools (including SMART measurements and reporting), service guidelines, and benchmarks in order to drive incremental change.
- Learning & Growth (People Development): Assisting the MSO in executing measurable individual performance objectives (IPO’s), performance assessments and individual development plans (IDP’s) for direct reports (as applicable), and self towards key accountabilities and key performance indicators.
- Qualifications: the ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree. Additional qualification in Health & Safety is preferred
- Skills: fluent English communication skills, attention to detail with diligent follow up, ability to multi-task and handle pressure, capability to influence people, excellent networking skills, cultural sensitivity and commitment towards students’ safeguarding and wellbeing.
- Experience: 1-2 years of experience in a similar role.
All applicants will be contacted for interviews shortly after the closure date of this job advertisement. The interviewing panel would comprise of the Principal, MSO, Cluster Operations Manager and might include other relevant stakeholders.