Wesgreen International School, Sharjah continues to deliver seamless quality education while working tirelessly to reduce the impact and risk of COVID-19 on students and staff alike. With this commitment to high standards of education we are looking for Secondary School English teachers who are excited about joining a reputed GEMS Education school from the start of the '21-22 academic year. The school has a focus on high academic standards, computational thinking, social and emotional education as well as inclusivity to allow all students to succeed through a range of academic and vocational pathways.
As well as being a great place to work, Sharjah is a progressive, vibrant and rapidly expanding city where the sun shines all year round. Teachers in Sharjah enjoy a great lifestyle as well as extensive travel and leisure opportunities around the region and further afield.
The successful applicant will have the following:
- A certified teaching qualification, at degree level such as B.Ed, PGCE, PGDE or equivalent specializing in English Language and Literature
- At least 2 years of solid and demonstrable experience in teaching Secondary School English in a British curriculum school at KS3-5, though exceptional NQTs are welcome
- The desire to provide outstanding teaching and learning
- Aspiration to work in a world class school with real prospects for enhancing their career
- Excellent IT and interpersonal communication skills to work closely with students and parents
- A creative and enthusiastic approach both in and out of the classroom
Candidates who meet the requirements stated above are encouraged to apply. Please ensure you clearly differentiate what year groups you have experience teaching. Additionally, if you will be traveling with a teaching partner please ensure you details what subject(s) and year group(s) they are qualified to teach.