At GEMS Dubai American Academy we are looking for experienced and exuberant Early Years/Kindergarten teachers to join us for the start of the 21-22 academic year. This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate educator who is driven to provide education at an exceptional level to join our world class school.
In Kindergarten, at Dubai American Academy, the emphasis is placed on the development of a positive self-concept, appropriate socialization and learning readiness skills. The foundations are laid for a happy and successful school experience. Fundamental skills are taught in an active, stimulating and accepting environment. The continuous progress approach allows students to develop a their own rate within a framework of high expectations.
If you as a teacher, strive to challenge your students to reach their personal excellence goals, have high expectations of yourself and your students, and value joy in your classroom, Dubai American Academy is the school for you!
The ideal applicant will have:
- A certified teaching qualification at degree level, such as PGCE, PGDE or BEd or equivalent, specializing in Early Years Education
- At least 2 years' experience teaching KG within an American curriculum school
- Experience in inquiry based, process driven, student learning
- Sound and demonstrable understanding of the Teachers College Reading and Writing Workshop
- Appreciation of and dexterity to use purposefully embedded ED-tech
- Aspiration to work in a world class school with real prospects for career enhancement
If you are excited by this opportunity and are keen to apply please ensure to mention in your cover letter if you will be traveling with a teaching partner and what subject/year groups they are qualified to teach.