At GEMS Dubai American Academy we are looking for experienced and exuberant Elementary teachers to join us for the start of the 21-22 academic year. This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate educator who is driven to provide education at an exceptional level to join our world class school.
Curriculum for students in Grades 1 through 5 emphasizes basic skills in all subject areas and introduces higher level skills to challenge students and stimulate their interests and thinking. The curriculum fosters the concept that learning will be enjoyable and rewarding throughout students' lives. Our instructional program makes a variety of provisions to support individual learning differences and all teachers strive to meet the needs of all students. DAA teachers encourage and assist students in becoming active learners, and with integrating their ideas, feelings and experiences into the instructional program.
If you are teacher who strives to challenge your students to reach their personal excellence goals, have high expectations of yourself and your students, and value joy in your classroom, Dubai American Academy is the school for you!
The ideal applicant will have:
- A certified teaching qualification at degree level, such as PGCE, PGDE or BEd or equivalent, specializing in Elementary Education
- At least 2 years' experience teaching teaching Elementary Homeroom within an American curriculum school
- Experience in inquiry based, process driven, student learning
- Sound and demonstrable understanding of the Teachers College Reading and Writing Workshop
- Appreciation of and dexterity to use purposefully embedded ED-tech
- Aspiration to work in a world class school with real prospects for career enhancement
If you are excited by this opportunity and are keen to apply please ensure to mention in your cover letter if you will be traveling with a teaching partner and what subject/year groups they are qualified to teach.