We are looking for qualified and experienced IB DP Environmental Systems and Societies Teachers who are excited to join our world class schools and are driven to provide education at an exceptional level. GEMS teachers enjoy an outstanding school environment in which to deliver a dynamic and creative curriculum to motivated students.
The High School Division of Dubai American Academy is proud of the 900+ students who are driven academically to excel and while remaining deeply engaged in our rich athletic, fine and performing arts, music and innovation programs. After the completing the American curriculum in grades 9 and 10, students pursue the full IB Diploma, IB Certificates or AP courses. All graduating students additionally earn an American High School Diploma. Our graduates matriculate to some of the best universities around the world armed with skills required to thrive in the 21st century.
The ideal applicant will have:
- A certified professional teaching qualification at degree level, such as B.Ed, PGCE, PGDE or equivalent specializing in High School Science
- A minimum of 3 years of solid and demonstrable experience teaching IB DP Environmental Systems and Societies in an IB curriculum school
- A minimum of 2 years of experience teaching NGSS (Next Generation Science Standards) in an American curriculum High School
- The experience, personality and educational philosophy to drive further, the education agenda at this flagship GEMS school with an international student body
- The desire to provide outstanding teaching and learning
- Aspiration to work in a world class school with real prospects for enhancing their career
If you are keen to apply and meet minimum requirements please ensure to clearly differentiate your experience teaching DP Environmental Systems and Societies, NGSS Disciplines, Physics, Chemistry and/or Biology at High School. Please ensure to to clarify in your Cover Letter if a teaching partner will accompany you and what subject and year groups they teach.