We are currently hiring an experienced Head of Section - Senior School for GEMS Our Own English High School Sharjah – Boys (OOB) . This appointment is for March 2021.
We are looking to appoint a Head of Section - Senior School to work towards shaping and implementing the educational strategy for the section.
• Be responsible for student discipline and pastoral care, liaise with Administration, form tutors, parents and subject teachers as necessary.
• Liaise with the Registrar/MMT regarding new student needs, induction procedures, admission testing etc.
• Ensure provision of support classes / activity programme, educational trips, assemblies, Sports day, Prize day.
• Assist with Parent-Teacher meetings, Charity drives, GEMS initiatives, and other major school events.
• Ensure the curriculum reflects the needs of the pupils and the standards and content required by the necessary educational board.
• Work with the Supervisors, HODs and coordinators to ensure continuity & progression in terms of the school curriculum.
• Chair meetings & committees as required.
• Manage budgets and undertake teaching and other professional duties as reasonably delegated by the HOS/ Deputy HOS.
• Ensure the GEMS policies, procedures, and codes of conduct are followed at all times.
• Initiate effort and energy beyond the typical work day, where the tasks require additional commitment.
• Attend staff meetings and serve on committees as required.
• Spearhead the Student Council.
• Monitoring of Teaching and Learning of Students.
• Monitor preparations and outcomes of Board Exams.
• Undertake student registration for CBSE Affiliation.
• Undertake career guidance for University preparation. SAT, TOEFL to name a few.
This exciting opportunity requires the following key competencies and skills and these will be assessed during the recruitment process:
Problem Solving and Decision Making
Influence and Negotiation
Leading and Developing Others
To be considered for this appointment: You will have the following skills and experience:
• A minimum experience of 5 years as an Academic Supervisor.
• A minimum of 10 years teaching experience which includes Senior Secondary sections.
• The minimum educational qualification must be a post-graduation degree in subject taught.
• Professional qualification of a B.Ed.
• Familiarity with the curriculum vis-à-vis the post along with inspection of schools by external bodies such as the United Arab Emirates School Inspection and the latest trends in educational thinking and pedagogy.
• Excellent communication skills and proven track records of leadership qualities along with sound knowledge of co-scholastic areas.