GEMS World Academy-Dubai develops inquiring, reflective and caring learners who, through the rigor of the IB programmes have the knowledge, skills and character to take action and create a better, more peaceful world. Supported by highly qualified staff in world-class facilities, our diverse international community is encouraged to develop intercultural understanding and respect. Our aim is to be a world-class IB school that maximises every student’s learning and character to enable them to choose their own successful path, and positively contribute to the local and global society.
GWA's IB Middle Years Programme has transformed student outcomes and succeeded in inspiring a love of learning at GEMS World Academy, through the dedication of staff, their exceptional subject knowledge, and the department’s forward-thinking approach to data and the curriculum. The MYP is highly regarded among our student body for the care and personal support offered to students. We are now looking for an innovative IB Middle Years Programme Coordinator to join this successful team.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience of the IB MYP and a proven track record of successful and varied teaching, management experience or other leadership tenure in a similar role. Genuine alignment with the philosophy of the IB and the values embodied in the Learner Profile are essential, as is a passion for working in our truly diverse community. In addition, we seek a candidate with:
As a leader:
- Model highly effective principles of teaching and instructional differentiation
- Assist teachers develop learning targets for students
- Effectively model, communicate and support the implementation of best practices, GEMS culture of kindness and the GEMS/GEMS World Academy core values
- Demonstrate positive leadership and highly effective communication skills
- Contribute positively to team building
- Assist teachers with orientation to subject or grade level curriculum
- Lead and attend all related department /grade level meetings
As a manager:
- Proactively address grade/department concerns and resolve them in a timely, sensitive and professional manner
- Assist in the preparation of necessary documentation of curriculum materials and timetables
- Plan and manage production of annual budget collateral material
- Monitor appropriate quality and quantity of homework and communication by team members with student families
- A certified professional teaching qualification at degree level, such as B. Ed, PGCE, PGDE or equivalent and a specialism in Middle Years (Grade 6-10)
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in a similar role
- A minimum of 3 years of varied and demonstrable experience teaching Grades 6-10, ideally within an IB curriculum school, however this is not mandatory
- August 2021 availability
- The experience, personality and educational philosophy to continue to drive the education agenda at this flagship GEMS World school with an international student body
- The desire to provide outstanding teaching and learning
- Aspiration to work in a world class school with real prospects for enhancing their career
If you are keen to apply and meet minimum requirements please clarify in your Cover Letter if a teaching/school support partner will accompany you and briefly describe their qualification(s) and experience.
We are committed to safeguarding children and promoting their welfare. We expect all staff to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced check.