We are looking for a Head of Inclusion to join our team at GEMS Jumeirah College, Dubai from September 2021.
The successful candidate will have a true interest in all children and a passion for enabling and empowering them to learn and achieve. Candidates must have experience of leading a successful SEN provision within a National Curriculum School environment, however, we will also consider those with 2ic responsibility and looking for that next step in their career. GEMS staff enjoy an outstanding school environment in which to deliver a dynamic and creative curriculum to motivated students.
You will be responsible for providing strategic direction and development of provision for SEN students, monitoring the impact of teaching and learning activities on the progress made by SEN students, supporting the development of high achieving classrooms which support and foster the achievement of all pupils, leading in maintaining/establishing the whole school’s culture and ethos and providing strategies to support SEN students to meet our high expectations in the area of behaviour for learning as well as contributing to the effective working of the school.
The successful candidate will have:
- The ability to determine the strategic development of special educational needs (SEN) policy and provision in the school
- Responsibility for day-to-day operation of the SEN policy and co-ordination of specific provision to support individual students with SEN or a disability
- The ability to provide professional guidance to colleagues, working closely with staff and parents.
- The successful applicant will possess the willingness to commit to Extra Curricular activities.
- A Bachelor Degree in a related subject
- A certified teaching qualification such as BEd/PGCE/PGDE or equivalent
- Certified SENCO award
- Experience working within (leading) a successful SEN team
- Experience implementing a new pathway for students with additional need, working 2 or more years below age, is desirable.
- Experience of using a variety of assessment tools to identify students’ needs
- At least 2 years’ experience of the National Curriculum for England.
The successful applicant will possess the willingness to commit to Extra Curricular activities.