We are currently looking for an experienced middle leader to take up the post of Head of KS4 at GEMS Founders Al Mizhar School, Dubai. This appointment is for a September 2021 start.
As a Middle Leader and a member of the Extended Leadership Team, you will lead, manage, and be accountable for tracking progress, curriculum planning, supporting the Behaviour for Learning Policy and liaising with parents.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Promoting and ensuring student development, progress and well being
- Leading teaching and learning and managing policy within the context of the Year group
- Leading and managing people and teams
- Managing resources
- Promoting and representing the Key Stage
Teaching at GEMS is not just a job, it’s a career. Our teachers enjoy free access to leading CPD programmes and have the opportunity to grow with the company on a global scale. With most of our leaders coming from within the GEMS network of schools, GEMS teachers are in a unique position to consider career opportunities across the world as we expand into more and more countries.
As well as being a great place to work; Dubai is a vibrant, cosmopolitan, rapidly expanding city where the sun shines all year round. Teachers in Dubai enjoy an exciting lifestyle, with opportunities for new and exciting leisure activities and travel across the region and further afield!
The successful applicant will have the following:
- A Bachelors Degree and a certified teaching qualification such as BEd/PGCE/PGDE or equivalent
- Minimum 4 years’ experience teaching the National Curriculum for England, core subject preferred but not essential
- A personal track record of outstanding teaching and learning
If you meet the above criteria, are enthusiastic about teaching and learning and have the drive and passion to get the most from our students then we would would very much welcome your application.