GEMS Wellington Academy, Dubai Silicon Oasis are looking for a seasoned Diploma Program Coordinator to join our exceptional team for the start of the 2021 academic year. GEMS teachers deliver dynamic and creative curriculum in world class schools to motivated students.
The Diploma Programme (DP) Coordinator is a key leadership position at WSO and is responsible for the coordination and development of the IB Diploma programme in Year 12 and 13. The DP Coordinator is involved in the whole school implementation of the IB programmes and is the direct point of contact with the IBO in matters pertaining to the Diploma Programme.
This role at WSO is a unique opportunity to build growth and find innovative ways to embed the IB philosophy within the teaching and learning, whilst promoting within the school community. We are seeking an experienced IB practitioner who is currently CAT 3 trained and can comfortably deliver in-house training to new and existing staff. The successful candidate needs to demonstrate dynamic communication delivery and evidence strong collaboration skills.
- Take a lead role in curriculum planning, design, delivery and review by working with staff (subject teachers, SEN teachers, counsellors, MYP Coordinator) and external stake holders (parents, IBO and SLT) to continuously model highly effective principles of teaching and instructional differentiation
- Assist teachers with orientation to subject or grade level curriculum and to develop appropriate learning targets for students
- Design controls to continuously monitor, record and analyze DP Teaching and Learning efficacy
- Program Assist in the preparation of necessary documentation of curriculum materials and timetables
- Design and take a lead role in the delivery of curriculum based parent/new teacher workshops
- Effectively model, communicate and support the implementation of best practices, GEMS culture of kindness and the GEMS/WSO core values
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- 3-5 years of solid and demonstrable DP classroom teaching experience in a premium caliber IB curriculum school
- A certified teaching qualification at degree level, such as B.Ed, PGCE, PGDE or equivalent
- The desire to provide outstanding teaching and learning
- Aspiration to work in a world class school with real prospects for enhancing their career
- Must have knowledge of the new ToK specification and able to administer ToK.
- Experience of the IB Review Framework