We, at GEMS International School, Al Khail, are looking for a IB Learning Support Teacher to join our exceptional team for the start of the 2021 academic year. GEMS teachers deliver dynamic and creative curriculum in world class schools to motivated students.
The ideal candidate will have extensive Learning Support experience at a premium school and have successful, varied and proven track record. Genuine alignment with the philosophy of the IB and the values embodied in the Learner Profile are essential, as is a passion for working in our truly diverse community.
- SEN focused student learning support through various stages of the IB Middle Years Programme up to Grade 10
- Key supporter of the Teacher/ Lead Practitioner in promoting the learning and personal development of all students at school
- Planning and delivery of support during lessons
- Recording and reporting progress, areas of concern and achievements about supported students with relevant stakeholders as appropriate
- Work closely with various Learning Support teams across the school to promote WAA's principals and continuously improve its SEN standards
- A relevant Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification specializing in Special Education
- At least 3 years’ demonstrable experience teaching/supporting varying student education needs with diverse backgrounds, ideally within an IB curriculum school, however this is not mandatory
- History of successful partnering with Admin (SLT) and other relevant stake holders
- Knowledge of advisory or character programmes
- Resilient and agile decision making skills to ensure successful design and implementation of programs that meet school and student body requirements to help students achieve success in all aspects of their life
- Superior interpersonal skills that reflect patience, tolerance, sensitivity, empathy and enthusiasm for working with students, parents and school staff in a multicultural and international setting
- Aspiration to work in a world class school with real prospects for enhancing their career
If you are keen to apply and meet minimum requirements please clarify in your Cover Letter if a teaching/school support partner will accompany you. Please ensure to briefly describe their qualification(s) and experience.