This is a fantastic opportunity for a current Head of Year to gain valuable international exposure, or for a teacher with 3+ years’ experience to take the next step in their career with a global leading company and world class International School located in the vibrant city of Sharjah commencing in the new ’21-22 academic year.
Wesgreen International School, Sharjah continues to deliver seamless quality education while working tirelessly ensure the welfare of students and staff alike. With this commitment to high standards of education we are looking for experienced educators who are excited about joining as Head of Year in a reputed GEMS Education school from September '21. The school has a focus on high academic standards, computational thinking, social and emotional education as well as inclusivity to allow all students to succeed through a range of academic and vocational pathways.
As well as being a great place to work, Sharjah is a progressive, vibrant and rapidly expanding city where the sun shines all year round. Teachers in Sharjah enjoy a great lifestyle as well as extensive travel and leisure opportunities around the region and further afield.
The HOY will lead, manage, and be accountable for tracking progress, curriculum planning, student behavior and stake holder management to promote the fulfilment of the school’s vision.
Salient job accountabilities:
- Articulate a vision for their year group in the context of the school’s ethos and vision
- Lead, manage, co-ordinate, maintain, develop, monitor and evaluate the progress made for children within the year group, ensuring effective communication with Class and Form Tutors regarding the use of baseline data
- Make leading contribution to planning, resource management, policy development and implementation across the school through the effective leadership and management of specific year group
- Collaborate with Heads of Subject Areas to ensure commitment to consistency and opportunities for innovation within the curriculum and appropriate schemes of work
- Effective contribution to the development and implementation of Personal Learning Plans for underachieving students, in association with the Inclusion Team and Student Welfare Team where appropriate
The successful applicant will have the following:
- A certified teaching qualification, at degree level such as B.Ed, PGCE, PGDE or equivalent specializing in Primary Years
- At least 3+ years of solid and demonstrable experience in teaching Primary School (ideally Y3 & Y4) in a large, international British curriculum school
- Middle leadership experience, especially in Dubai or Abu Dhabi is preferred
- The desire to provide outstanding teaching and learning
- Aspiration to work in a world class school with real prospects for enhancing their career
- Excellent IT and interpersonal communication skills to work closely with students and parents
- A creative and enthusiastic approach both in and out of the classroom
Candidates who meet the requirements stated above are encouraged to apply. If you will be traveling with a teaching partner please indicate what subjects and year groups they are qualified to teach.