GEMS World Academy-Dubai develops inquiring, reflective and caring learners who, through the rigor of the IB programmes have the knowledge, skills and character to take action and create a better, more peaceful world. Supported by highly qualified staff in world-class facilities, our diverse international community is encouraged to develop intercultural understanding and respect. Our aim is to be a world-class IB school that maximises every student’s learning and character to enable them to choose their own successful path, and positively contribute to the local and global society.
Our Counselling department has transformed student outcomes and succeeded in inspiring a love of learning at GEMS World Academy, through the dedication of staff, their exceptional subject knowledge, and the department’s forward-thinking approach to data and the curriculum. The Counselling department is highly regarded among our student body for the care and personal support offered to students. We are now looking for an innovative IB Middle Years Programme Counsellor to join this successful team.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience at counselling at a premium school and have a proven track record of successful and varied counselling support. Genuine alignment with the philosophy of the IB and the values embodied in the Learner Profile are essential, as is a passion for working in our truly diverse community.
The successful applicant will have:
- A degree level qualification in Psychology specialized in school based counseling. Augmenting school counseling certifications and licenses are beneficial
- Solid and demonstrable counselling experience of at least 3 years, supporting students with diverse backgrounds, ideally within an IB curriculum school, however this is not mandatory
- History of successful partnering with Admin (SLT) and other relevant stake holders
- Knowledge of advisory or character programmes
- Resilient and agile decision making skills to ensure successful design and implementation of programs that meet school and student body requirements to help students achieve success in all aspects of their life
- Superior interpersonal skills that reflect patience, tolerance, sensitivity, empathy and enthusiasm for working with students, parents and school staff in a multicultural and international setting
- Aspiration to work in a world class school with real prospects for enhancing their career
If you are keen to apply and meet minimum requirements please clarify in your Cover Letter if a teaching/school support partner will accompany you and briefly describe their qualification(s) and experience.
We are committed to safeguarding children and promoting their welfare. We expect all staff to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced check.