This is a fantastic opportunity for a current Head of Year to gain valuable international exposure, or for a teacher with 4+ years’ experience to take the next step in their career with a global leading company and world class International School located in the vibrant city of Sharjah commencing in the new ’21-22 academic year.
Wesgreen International School, Sharjah continues to deliver seamless quality education while working tirelessly ensure the welfare of students and staff alike. With this commitment to high standards of education we are tentatively looking for experienced educators who are excited about joining as Head of Department - Secondary English from September '21. The school has a focus on high academic standards, computational thinking, social and emotional education as well as inclusivity to allow all students to succeed through a range of academic and vocational pathways.
As well as being a great place to work, Sharjah is a progressive, vibrant and rapidly expanding city where the sun shines all year round. Teachers in Sharjah enjoy a great lifestyle as well as extensive travel and leisure opportunities around the region and further afield.
The HOD - English will lead, manage, and be accountable for tracking progress, curriculum planning, student behavior and stake holder management to promote the fulfilment of the school’s vision.
You will be responsible for running a successful department and should have previous experience implementing outstanding teaching and learning practice both within the classroom and across a wider department setting.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- A B.Ed or degree and PGCE / PGDE or equivalent with exceptional subject knowledge
- Significant experience teaching GCSE and A-Level or equivalent at a British Curriculum school ideally in an international setting
- A proven track record of outstanding teaching and learning
- Willingness to commit to extra curricular activities
- A creative and enthusiastic approach both in and out of the classroom
- Excellent IT and interpersonal communication skills to work closely with students and parents
Candidates who meet the requirements stated above are encouraged to apply. If you are excited by this opportunity and are keen to apply please ensure to mention in your cover letter if you will be traveling with a teaching partner and what subject/year groups they are qualified to teach.